DRUG AND ALCOHOL INTERVENTION HELP FOR SALT LAKE CITY, UT
Are you in the Salt Lake City, UT area and in need of a lifesaving drug and alcohol intervention for your loved one? We can help. Interventions are one of the best approaches to successfully get an addict into a rehabilitation (rehab) treatment program.
There may be someone in your life, someone you love, who you feel has changed because of drug and/or alcohol addiction. It is miserable watching them struggle, particularly if you’re a family member or friend.
You might ask yourself, “How can I help my loved one get better?” and “What is my role in their recovery?”
WHAT IS AN INTERVENTION?
A drug and alcohol intervention is a well planned meeting that convinces addicted individuals to go to rehab. Family members, friends, clergy, instructors, or other concerned individuals combine forces to confront the addict about their behavior. Furthermore, it is a way for family to encourage them to seek treatment and therapy.
Drug programs have effective intervention strategies for those who either do not realize there is an issue, or are in denial about their addiction. Likewise, they may be unwilling to seek help. It’s important to show your loved one that the purpose of this meeting is primarily to provide them with a chance to make a change that will likely save their life.
During an intervention it is very important to talk about:
- the addicted individual’s unhealthy behavior
- how it has affected them as well as their loved ones
- the treatment plan along with goals and guidelines that the addict is expected to follow
- vows from each member to support them through the process
- the consequences if the addict does not seek treatment.
There are four different kinds of interventions: simple, crisis, classical, and family system.
- ‘Simply’ asking the person to quit their self-destructive habits is a simple intervention; you should always attempt this approach before another, more serious intervention is done.
- Crisis Intervention is most effective in hazardous, risky situations, such as reckless driving, violence, or intense substance abuse.
- Classical interventions focus on a single person with the goal of getting them to agree to rehabilitation.
- Family System Intervention, focuses on persuading the entire family to modify their behaviors, specifically addiction and domestic violence, which create dysfunctional environments.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN INTERVENTION AND REHAB?
It’s important to know the difference between intervention and rehab and that each is required for a successful recovery. We consider this first step crucial to persuade an addict to agree to enter a rehabilitation treatment facility so that they can overcome their drug and/or alcohol abuse.
An intervention is NOT rehabilitation, but a means to get into treatment. At a rehab center, an addict learns about the disease of substance abuse, the best ways to sustain long term recovery, and what their triggers are. For the best chance of success, we suggest that an individual enter treatment immediately after their intervention.
GET IMMEDIATE HELP
It is frustrating to watch a friend or family member endure and fight with addiction. But an intervention can address that problem. An intervention is an intricate, organized event because of the combined efforts of friends and family. Our rehab recovery programs help by providing interventionists, finding rehab centers around the country, or discussing substance abuse in general. Call 385-327-7418 immediately to help a friend get the assistance they so desperately need!
Intervention is a great option to help a friend to get on the path to sobriety. You can’t be scared of the confrontation. If you or a loved one need the support and encouragement of an intervention, contact us at 385-327-7418 for information and how to coordinate one.